Brigadier General Sale Kawugana has taken over mantle of leadership of Headquarters 9 Brigade Nigerian Army lkeja
He took over from his predecessor Brig Gen Musa Auwal Etsu-Ndagi who is proceeding to Nigerian Army Resource Center Abuja.
- Brig Gen Sale Kawugana was born on 5 May 1964 and hails from Dambam Local Government Area of Bauch State.He was trained in the Nigerian Defence Academy as a member of Short Service Course and Commissioned on 22 September 1990 to the infantry Corps.
- He began his career in 174 Battalion at Badagry as a platoon Commander and consequently served in several units,formations and institutions where he held staff,command and instructional appointments. He also attended all his mandatory career courses.
- Brig Gen S Kawugana Participated in various internal Security, Counter Terrorism and Counter Insurgency as well as Peace Support Operations. The most recent amongst which were the Commanding Officer 134 Battalion at Kangarwa and 8 Tasks Force Division Garrison Commander at Mongoguno in Operation LAFIA DOLE.
- His last 3 postings and appointments before his current deployment were :
a . Assistant Director in the Directorate of Peace Keeping in the Department of Operations at the Defense Headquarters Abuja .
b. Directing Staff at the prestigious National Defence College Abuja .
C. Commandant of the Premier Institution for Senior Non – Commission Officers, the Warrant Officers’ Academy Jaji.
- He holds a Bachelors Degree of Arts (Combined Honours ) in History/Political Science and Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.He holds a Masters of Philosophy in Security and Strategic Studies from the Nigerian Defence Academy, where he is currently a scholar pursuing his PHD in Defence and Strategy Studies.
- He is a decorated senior officer.Some of his medals and awards includes
a. Distinguished Service Star
b. Pass Staff Course Dagger
c. Fellow National Defence College Dagger
d. Command Medal
e. Field Command Medal
f . General Operations Medal
g. Member National Institute of Management.
Consequently, you are kindly requested to disseminate the information to the general public, We count on your usual Cooperation.
Assistant Director Army Public Relations